• Dance With Me

    I see the Lord coming to me. I feel His unconditional love, His mercy, His grace. His consuming desire for me! He has chosen me for this dance, but all I can think is, why?  Why are you so drawn to me?  Why do you want me?  Don't you see the filthy rags I see, don't you smell the stench of this flesh, don't you see the impurity of a heart that wasn't set wholly on you? Yet, He wants me still.  He not only longs for my presence, He longs to pour His love on me, for He knows why I sought other lovers.  My gaze must be upon Him, not myself, not my sin, not my failures or weaknesses.  None of that speaks to Him of my heart for Him and He knows that.  You see He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.  He remembers how we are made, He remembers that we are dust. 

    Can you relate? Have you had an experience that has left you still feeling shame and guilt of knowing your heart was not totally set on Him.   Have you experienced a season where your ability to perceive His presence, His nearness to you left you feeling vulnerable? Vulnerable enough to occupy yourself with things that previously were no longer a part of your life.  Not necessarily 'bad' things, but as Paul said, all things (may) be lawful, but not all things are expedient.  He knows the tears we shed over falling short of His glory.  He has loved us with an everlasting love and has drawn us with His loving-kindness.  

    I see a room full of people wanting so much for Him to pick them to dance with.  I see people whose garments 'appear' perfect; no spot, no wrinkle, nothing that seems less than what He would desire. But He sees beyond the outward appearance, He sees their hearts.  He sees their pride, their self righteousness and the lack of sorrow over it.  He sees the lack of true desire to be what He desires for himself.  He has made us worthy of His love, His attention, His gaze, His care, His provision.  His blood alone is enough in this place.  This is the Jesus I know, and the Jesus I desire for everyone to know. 
    Show Comments: OR

    Post a Comment