• God First


    The main thing in Christianity is not the work we do, but the relationship we maintain and the atmosphere produced by that relationship. That is all God asks us to look after, and it is the one thing that is continually being assailed”.   Oswald Chambers- My Utmost For His Highest

     

    Sometimes I have to remind myself that it’s ALL about Jesus.  God didn’t put me where He did for a job.  For a ‘job’ He could have put me anywhere, but to pour through me to those He wants to touch those He wants to draw to Himself through the Holy Spirit, He put me where He did.  Do we truly believe that our steps are ordered by God as the word says?  That we may plan our course but the Lord directs our steps? Jesus wants to pour through us but the devil wants to do everything he can to stop that or at the least impede the flow.  One of the ways he does this is through a religious spirit that gets our eyes more on what we are ‘doing’ for God than our actual relationship with God.
     
    Jesus just needs me to yield so He can live through me, touch through me, heal through me, and establish His kingdom through me and sometimes it is without me saying a word.  My responsibility is to see to it that I stay rightly related to Him no matter what.  That is the whole of my life, my relationship with Christ, period.  Not just to go to heaven when I die but to be a clean vessel here and now, to walk in intimate fellowship and communion with the Son of God that is my fulfillment and satisfaction. 
     
    Life is not found in the ‘perfect’ job, the perfect mate, perfect house, car or clothes, whatever….(yet how often does the enemy attempt to get us to believe this, even at times succeeding if only for a while?)Life is found in one place and that is in Christ and to the degree that I truly abide in Him and He in me, it is to that degree that I will have life, and life more abundantly which is what Jesus came to give us. I believe the times we find ourselves adding to that is when it is easier to add something rather than die to something of ourselves so that we may possess more of Him and He of us. 
     
    Our jobs are not about the company we work for, the money we make, (even though we all know it takes money to live here) or the benefits of our job…. It is about one thing and that is Christ.  Do we work where we do because we believe it is where He has sent us or because it pays more or has better hours, etc. I believe without a doubt that If we make our relationship with Him our first priority the rest will take its proper place. Jesus said to take no thought for your life…but to seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things (having our physical needs met) will be added to us. Matthew 6:33
    Show Comments: OR

    Post a Comment