• Fallow Ground Continued


    My previous post was the revealing of my heart in a state of grief on a particular day.  The good news is that Jesus doesn't leave us there and I would be remiss to not also offer the hope that He has offered me following that post. Despite how we may feel on any given day God has given us promises in His word that address anything we will ever face in this life. We must remember our reality is based not on how we feel, or what our circumstances are but on the Word that remains forever.  

    There is much given to us in the Word on grief and fruit bearing as well.  Below are some of the scriptures He has given me.  I have also put a link to a poem called The Gardener.  I have several I have written that deal with God being the gardener, Jesus being the vine and us being the branches.

    Isaiah 53 states that Jesus himself bore our griefs and carried our sorrows, while Isaiah 61 tells us that He is the Anointed One sent to heal the brokenhearted and to comfort all who mourn. 


    The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion-- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor. Isaiah 61:1-3

    But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,' declares the LORD....Jeremiah 31:17

    The desolate land will be cultivated instead of lying desolate in the sight of all who pass through it. They will say, "This land that was laid waste has become like the garden of Eden; the cities that were lying in ruins, desolate and destroyed, are now fortified and inhabited." Then the nations around you that remain will know that I the LORD have rebuilt what was destroyed and have replanted what was desolate. I the LORD have spoken, and I will do it.'  Ezekiel 36:34-36

    "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.  John 15:1-2

    You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last--and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 
    John 15:16


    Show Comments: OR

    Post a Comment